Article date: 26 May 2006
Lancaster and Fellows to continue to manage theElite MoneyGuru Income with Growth Unit Trust
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest fundmanagers, has appointed Ian Lancaster and James Follows to twonewly created positions of high alpha UK equity fund managers. Thisbrings to four the number of newly created high alpha positions inMorley’s UK equities team in the past two months.
Mervyn Douglas joined Morley from Legal & General InvestmentManagement on 8 May and Chris Murphy joins from AXA Framlington on19 June. Ian and James also join the team in June.
Ian and James will continue to manage the Elite MoneyGuru Incomewith Growth Unit Trust after joining Morley.
Morley’s chief investment officer, Katherine Garrett-Cox,said: ”I am delighted that Ian Lancaster and James Followsare joining us. In the last two months we’ve substantiallyadded to Morley’s UK equities offering by selecting four topfund managers with proven high alpha expertise.
“Right now there is a sense of great momentum withinMorley’s equities team. We are facing the future with hugeconfidence in our potential to grow and provide the highest qualityand sophisticated fund management for clients.”
Ian Lancaster joins Morley from Progressive Alternative InvestmentsLimited, where he managed the Elite MoneyGuru Income with GrowthUnit Trust and Stockbridge – a small and mid cap equitylong/short hedge fund. Prior to this he was head of investment atMG Capital plc and previously smaller company investment managerfor General Accident. He brings 17 years’ fund managementexperience to the team.
James Follows most recently worked alongside Ian Lancaster asassistant fund manager and has 16 years of fund managementexperience. Prior to Progressive Alternative Investments, James washead of research and assistant fund manager at MG Capitalplc.
Mervyn Douglas joined Morley from LGIM where he had been working asa fund manager since early 2005. He previously worked at Morleyfrom November 2002 and was lead manager on the Norwich UK EquityFund. Mervyn managed the LGIM Growth Trust Fund which deliveredfirst decile performance in 2005*.
Chris Murphy is joining from Axa Framlington where he has beenworking as a fund manager since 1993, most recently responsible forrunning growth mandated portfolios for institutional and retailclients. Chris has managed the Framlington UK Growth Fund whichdelivered first quartile performance in 2005*.
All four fund managers will report to Morley’s head of UKspecialist equities David Lis.
*Source, S&P's Micropal, % change, offer to offerbasis, GBP. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further information please contact:
Fiona Baker 0207809 8617
Morley Fund Management 07736 883 832
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management Limited is the UK-based assetmanagement business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group ofcompanies manage £156bn from offices around the world as at 28February 2006.
- Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under theMorley brand. It also acts as investment manager for a range ofretail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the NorwichUnion brand, and international funds marketed under the AvivaFunds brand.
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com.