Article date: 20 June 2006
Morley Fund Management, one of Europe’s leading fundmanagers, has appointed Irene Mastelli to the position of salesmanager. This furtherstrengthens the Italian team consisting of Gabriele Miodini, whohas been promoted to senior sales manager and Carla Cugurullo,relationship manager.
Based in Milan, Irene will be responsible for promoting the AvivaFunds SICAV product range in Italy. She will also focus onattracting new business and developing existing and prospectiveclient relationships.
Adam Lessing, head of European business development at Morley, saidIrene’s appointment was an important addition to the Italianteam.
“Italy is a key market for Morley’s European expansionplans. Sales for the first five months of 2006 have exceeded€369m and have already surpassed the total sales for 2005. Weplan to continue this growth and ultimately become a leadingprovider of cross-border products in Italy,” he said.
Irene was most recently assistant vice president at Julius BaerInvestment Funds Services (Milan). She was responsible for managingrelationships with institutional clients and third partydistribution partners for both traditional and alternativeinvestments. Prior to joining Julius Baer, she worked for ABN AMROBank in the sales support team.
Irene’s appointment follows Adam Lessing’s appointmentas head of European business development at Morley earlier thismonth. Both appointments reflect Morley’s commitment toaccelerating the growth of its European business.
For further information please contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8125
Morley Fund Management
Morley FundManagement Limited is the UK-based asset management business ofAviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £156bnfrom offices around the world as at 30 April 2006.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand,and international funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com