Article date: 26 June 2006
The CGNU Life Fund, managed by Morley Fund Management, wasawarded today for being the top performing fund in its category atthe Investment Property Forum (IPF) Property Portfolio PerformanceAwards (sponsored by Estates Gazette) with a three yearreturn of 18.3% per annum.
Richard Jones, head of life funds at Morley Fund Management,commented: “It is recognition enough when our funds areperforming at the top of their tables so to receive an awardacknowledging that the CGNU Life Fund was the number one performerin its category is the icing on the cake. This is a reflection of agreat first half for Morley’s Property team in 2006 and isfurther recognition of the long-term success of our team. Icongratulate those people at Morley who contribute to the topperformance of the CGNU Life Fund.”
This award is the latest in a series of awards for Morley in theproperty sector this year and was specifically for the bestperforming insurance company life fund over three years (toDecember 2005) in the over £1 billion category.
The IPF Property Portfolio Performance Awards, sponsored byEstates Gazette, are based on independent performancefigures from the Investment Property Databank (IPD).
For further information pleasecontact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8618
Notes to editors:
- 2006, Best Performing Insurance Company Life Fund, IPF/EstatesGazette Property Portfolio Performance Awards (three years >£1bn)
- 2006, Property Fund Managerof the Year, Pensions Management Awards
- 2006, Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property WeekAwards
- 2006, Outstanding Company of the Year Award, CEE Real EstateQuality Awards
- 2006, Investor of the Year Award, CEE Real Estate QualityAwards
- 2005, UK Pensions Awards Property Manager of theYear
- 2004, Property Week Fund Manager of the Year Award
- 2003, Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions ManagementAwards
The property team consists of over 70 investment professionalsand manages a range of funds on behalf of institutional, pensionand retail clients. Morley hasbeen at the forefront of innovation in property fund management andhas launched eleven specialist sector based funds with partners,including: Igloo Regeneration Fund, Quercus Healthcare Property,The Junction and The Mall.
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com or www.morleyproperty.com