Article date: 12 July 2006
UK pension scheme trustees have voted Morley Fund Management asthe winner of the "Best Commitment to Raising Standards of TrusteeEducation" award at the Engaged Investor Trustee Awards on FridayJune 23.
Morley’s head of client services Paul Waters said the needfor full trustee training has been gaining importance since thePensions Act 2004 placed new responsibilities on trustees andimposes penalties if they are not met.
“The aim of all our trustee education initiatives is to breakdown the aura of mystique that surrounds investment. Our goal is tohelp trustees make more informed and thus better decisions onscheme investment policy and strategy.
“Although the success of TrusteeTutor.com must havesignificantly influenced voters, we believe that the award alsoreflects a wider commitment to trustee investment education”,he said.
Morley launched TrusteeTutor.com in 2003, a free website developedfor pension fund trustees seeking to maximise their understandingof the pension fund management industry. It can be accessed atwww.trusteetutor.com.
TrusteeTutor.com covers areas such as:
- The role of pension fund trustees
- The different types of occupational pensions schemesavailable
- An introduction to investments
- The role of independent consultants
- Myners’ Review and FRS 17.
The website has been designed to complement trustee trainingdays which Morley hosts for its clients.
For more information contact:
CorporateCommunications telephone: 0207809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley Fund Management
Morley Fund ManagementLimited is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc.Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £155bn fromoffices around the world as at 31 May 2006.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand,and international funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education,Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com