Article date: 28 July 2006
eBay.co.uk, the world’s onlinemarketplace, is teaming up with Norwich Union to launch a uniqueonline insurance centre exclusive to eBay users.
The new partnership follows the success of theDriveaway product which offers seven days’ free insurancefrom Norwich Union for cars bought on eBaymotors.co.uk. The scheme,which launched last March, has been hugely popular with eBay Motorscustomers.
Now Norwich Union, the UK’s largestinsurer, is extending its partnership with eBay.co.uk to launch anonline insurance centre. eBay’s 15 million customers canclick through to the insurance centre via a series of Norwich Unionads featured throughout the eBay website.
eBay users will be able to use the central‘insurance hub’ to access information on NorwichUnion’s Motor, Home and Travel insurance offerings, obtainquotes and buy insurance via a click-through to Norwich UnionDirect. Plus, they will continue to benefit from Driveaway’sseven days’ free car insurance available on eBay Motors.
In summary, this unique partnership will offereBay customers:
- Exclusive access to the first ever co-branded online insurancehub
- Easy access to insurance quotes on Home, Motor and Travelproducts
- Seven days’ free fully comprehensive car insurance withDriveaway
Mark Godfrey, from Norwich Union Direct, said:“This is the first partnership of its kind and it makescomplete sense for Norwich Union, the UK’s largest insurer,to link up with eBay, the nation’s leading online marketplacewith its customer base of 15 million users*.
We’re offering eBay’s users quickand easy access to insurance information and quotes via our onlineinsurance centre and we feel confident that this partnership willprove to be very successful with eBay’s loyal customerbase.”
Press office contacts
Emilie Lien, Lexis PR, on 0207908 6421 or firstname.lastname@example.org
David Ross, Norwich Union Press Office, on 01603 682 264
Notes to editors
About Norwich Union
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest general insurer with amarket share of around 14%, with a focus on insurance forindividuals and small businesses.
- It is a leading provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the largest Financial Adviser (FA)providers. FAs provide over 70% of the company's long-termsavings business in the UK.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
- Founded in 1995, eBay pioneers communities built on commerce,sustained by trust, and inspired by opportunity. eBay enablesecommerce on a local, national and international basis with anarray of websites – including the eBay Marketplace, PayPal,Skype, Kijiji, Rent.com, Shopping.com – that bring togethermillions of buyers and sellers every day.
- eBay.co.uk hit the 15 million users milestone in April 2006.eBay.co.uk has achieved the 10 million live listingslandmark, meaning there are more than 10 million items forsale on the site at any one time. The number of eBay.co.uk'sunique visitors reached 11.7 million in March 2006 (need to updateto June figures)***. eBay.co.uk's reach was 43.3% in March 2006*(reach is the % of all active internet users within that monththat visited eBay.co.uk) *** Nielsen Net Ratings, March 2006