Article date: 7 August 2006
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest fundmanagers, has made three appointments to its marketing team. MarkWard has been appointed head of channel marketing, Dipak Chouhanhas been appointed product specialist – equities and NinaHarris has been appointed institutional marketing manager.
Commenting on Dipak’s appointment, Morley’s head ofmarketing David Norman said the rationale behind hiring a productspecialist coincided with the recent requirement in high alpha UKequities space.
“We have boosted Morley’s high alpha UK equitycapabilities; now we are bolstering the specialist investmentsupport available to the internal sales teams so that we canclearly articulate our fund propositions to existing andprospective clients.
“Dipak has joined a newly created team of productspecialists. He will focus on emerging markets, global equities andhigh alpha UK equities. Other specialists in this team focus onfixed income and liability driven investment (LDI) and specialistproducts such as tactical asset allocation (TAA), quant andstrategy funds, and socially responsible investment”, hesaid.
Commenting on Mark and Nina’s appointment, David Normansaid both hires will strength Morley’s channel marketingteam.
“Mark has joined to lead our channel marketing team indeveloping and implementing sales and marketing plans for keydistribution partners and channels: Norwich Union, strategicpartners, wholesale, institutional, alternatives and Europe. Ninawill lead our institutional marketing effort and develop attractivepropositions aimed at expanding Morley’s presence in theinstitutional market”, he said
Both Mark and Dipak report to David Norman and Nina reports toMark Ward.
Mark Ward joined Morley in July after a six-year stint atFidelity International where his last role was head of marketingfor the UK Financial Institutions Group. He has more than 15 yearsindustry experience gained at Fidelity, Gartmore and Save &Prosper.
Dipak Chouhan joined Morley in June from Fidelity Internationalwhere he was a Product Specialist responsible for marketingactivities designed to grow institutional and retail fund sales. Hehas more than 10 years industry experience and prior to joiningFidelity he worked for Schroders Investment Management.
Nina Harris joined Morley in March from ABN AMRO Mellon whereshe was a marketing manager. She has more than 10 years industryexperience and prior to joining ABN AMRO Mellon she worked as amarketing manager for Beaumont Capital Management and as aninstitutional business development manager at First StateInvestment Managers in Australia.
For more information contact:
Corporate Communications, Morley Fund Management
Tel: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors
- Morley Fund Management Limited is the UK-based assetmanagement business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group ofcompanies manage £157bn from offices around the world as at 30June 2006.
- Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under theMorley brand. It also acts as investment manager for a range ofretail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the NorwichUnion brand, and international funds marketed under the AvivaFunds brand.
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education,Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com