Article date: 11 August 2006
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest activefund managers, has expanded its global fixed income team with theappointment of Maurice Browne to a newly created fund managerposition. The team has also been strengthened by the internalpromotion of Gabriela Schneider as an investment analyst.
Maurice will be responsible for the sector allocation withinMorley’s global aggregate and absolute return portfolios.Gabriela will support the portfolio management, and research andanalysis.
Head of global fixed income Mark Watts said the appointment ofMaurice and Gabriela reinforces Morley’s growing focus on awider range of non-sterling denominated asset classes as a criticalpart of adding value to existing mandates.
"We are delighted that such high calibreindividuals have joined the team. Maurice’s expertise inglobal aggregate allocation, combined with his experience in usingcredit default swaps and total return swaps have provided him withthe skills necessary for the role.
"This is a very exciting time for global fixed income at Morley.The development of global aggregate and other non-sterling productsis part of an ongoing commitment to widening our fixed incomeproduct offering. These hires serve to underscore our strength andcommitment in this area," he said.
Maurice and Gabriela will both report to Mark.
Maurice joins Morley in August from Merrill Lynch InvestmentManagement where he was a member of the Global Fixed Income team,focusing on global credit and global aggregate allocation. He is aCFA charter holder and has five years industry experience.
Gabriela has moved from Morley’s New Business team, where shefocused on pitching for new fixed income, cash and alternativeasset mandates. Prior to joining Morley, she worked for CreditSuisse Asset Management and has seven years industryexperience.
Morley manages in excess of £70bn* of fixed income assets andemploys 70 fixed income investment professionals, with existingcapability in:
- Sterling, US Dollar and European corporate credit
- Global bonds
- Hedge and Absolute return funds
- High yield
- Emerging Market Debt
-ends- *as at 30 June 2006
Telephone: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley Fund Management
Morley Fund ManagementLimited is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc.Firms within the Morley group of companies manage in excess of£156bn from offices around the world as at 30 June 2006.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand,and international funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*as at 30 June 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education,Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com