Article date: 17 August 2006
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest activefund managers, has bolstered its Socially Responsible Investment(SRI) team with the appointment of a new analyst.
Dr Steve Waygood, Chair of the UK Social Investment Forum, joinsMorley in November in the newly created role of head of SRIengagement. Steve will implement Morley’s SRI engagement andvoting program and work closely with the corporate governance teamto coordinate all environmental, social and governance voting.
Chief investment officer Katherine Garrett-Cox said DrWaygood’s appointment was tangible evidence of Morley’scommitment to growing its SRI business.
“We are delighted that such a high calibre individual hasjoined the team. More institutional investors are asking foruniversally accepted SRI principles to be used when managing theirportfolios. They want us to not only maximise profit but also toensure the long term sustainability of the portfolio and thecompanies we invest in.
“Steve’s expertise in analysis of corporateresponsibility performance, combined with his experience in companyengagement, is a welcomed skill set and will help us meetinvestors’ demands,” she said.
Prior to joining Morley, Steve worked for Insight Investmentwhere he was a director in the investor responsibility team. He hasalso worked for Friends Ivory and Sime (now F&C) as a senioranalyst in the governance and SRI team. He has 10 years’industry experience and has a PhD in SRI.
Firms within the Morley group of companies manage in excess of£156 billion with £900 million in active SRI equity and bondmandates*. Morley was also recently appointed one of five fundmanagers for FRR’s €600 million SRI mandate.
Morley was ranked the number one fund manager for itsunderstanding of socially responsible investing (SRI) andextra-financial issues in the latest Thomson Extel SRI andExtra-Financial Survey released last month.
* as at 30 June 2006
For more information contact:
tel: 020 7809 8125
Morley Fund Management
Notes to editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management Limited is the UK-based assetmanagement business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group ofcompanies manage in excess of £156bn from offices around the worldas at 30 June 2006.
- Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under theMorley brand. It also acts as investment manager for a range ofretail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the NorwichUnion brand, and international funds marketed under the AvivaFunds brand.
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education,Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com