Article date: 18 September 2006
- Portfolio bond to offer investors choice of 139 investmentfunds
Norwich Union is to add 29funds to the Portfolio investment bond.
Investors in Portfolio can now choose toinvest in 139 funds from leading fund management groups includingAberdeen, Artemis, Fidelity, Gartmore, Investec, Jupiter, JPMorganAsset Management, Merrill Lynch, Morley, Newton, New Star, Schroderand Threadneedle.
Expanding Portfolio’s fund range willmake it easier for advisers and customers to build a diversifiedportfolio in a single wrapper that includes a wide range of funds,risk profiles and asset classes.
Funds added to Portfolio include NorwichUnion’s recently-launched UK Special Situations and UK Growthand Value funds, managed by Schroders and JP Morgan AssetManagement.
Neil Davies, director of investments atNorwich Union, said: “We have added to Portfolio someexciting funds from highly-respected managers. This is, forexample, the first time that Artemis’ funds have beenavailable but we have also included funds from a range ofspecialist sectors including natural resources, property, energyand emerging markets.
“Portfolio is proving popular withadvisers and customers because it offers access to a wide range offunds, fund managers, investment styles and sectors along with twocharging structures. It gives advisers the flexibility to tailorportfolios that can be held in a single wrapper. The new funds willbe supported by a special offer 1% extra allocation rate from 25September 2006, which means more of investors’ money isinvested from day one.” Terms and conditionsapply.
David Gwyer 01904 452828 Out of hours 07800 699508
Cheryl Cox 01904 452791 Out of hours 07800 695275
Louise Soulsby 01904 452617
Notes to editors
Portfolio offers a flexible way to invest for growth or income.Its minimum investment is £5,000 and investors can choose to puttheir money in a selection of 139 cash, bond, property, equity andwith-profit funds, which are run by Norwich Union and other fundmanagers.
Additional funds that will be available from 25 Septemberinclude. More funds will be added later in the year:
- Norwich Union UK Growth and Value, Norwich Union UK SpecialSituations, Norwich Union Global Balanced Income, Norwich UnionGlobal Cautious Income, Norwich Union Monthly Income Plus
- Aberdeen Asia Pacific, Aberdeen UK Emerging Companies
- Artemis Capital, Artemis European Growth, Artemis High Income,Artemis New Enterprises
- Fidelity European Opportunities, Fidelity Wealthbuilder
- Investec Global Free Enterprises, Investec Global Energy,Investec UK Smaller Companies
- JPM Emerging Markets, JPM European Dynamic, JPM NaturalResources, JPM New Europe Shares
- Jupiter Emerging European Opportunities, Jupiter Income
- Merrill Lynch Gold & General, Merrill Lynch UK, MerrillLynch UK Special Situations
- Schroder Tokyo
- Threadneedle Latin America
Portfolio has no initial charge. Two charging structures areavailable: the Level and Step-Down Options. With the Step downstructure, charges reduce after five years. The alternative is theLevel option where charges remain constant throughout thepolicy’s life.
Norwich Union is the UK’s largestinsurer. It is a leading provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the largest Financial Adviser (FA) providers.FAs provide over 70% of the company's long-term savings business inthe UK.
Norwich Union is the UK’s largestgeneral insurer with a market share of around 14%, with a focus oninsurance for individuals and small businesses.
Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media