Article date: 4 October 2006
Morley Fund Management, the UK’s largestactive fund manager, has expanded its stock lending team with theappointment of Mick Chadwick as head of dealing.
In the securities finance market, Morley is one of the largestand longest established direct lenders in the industry.
Mick will manage the five-strong dealing team and will beresponsible for the expansion and diversification of theteam’s activities. This involves developing theinfrastructure, technology and processes needed to make thisexpansion.
Morley Fund Management’s head of stock lending SarahNicholson said the appointment was a sign of Morley’scommitment to building its stock lending business.
“We have been very successful in the past as a traditionalUK fee-based lending organisation. To continue our success andremain active in the lending market we need to develop newcapabilities. Mick’s appointment is about scaling up what wealready do and broadening our team’s activities. We aredelighted that he is joining the team,” she said.
Commenting on his appointment to Morley, Mick Chadwick said:“As the securities finance market matures, Morley recognisesthat it needs to adapt. Morley is a significant presence in themarket, and as one of the largest and most entrepreneurial lendinginstitutions is able to respond quickly to market demand. I amlooking forward to working with a great team who are keen to remainat the forefront of the industry.”
Mick joined Morley in September and will report to SarahNicholson, head of stock lending.
Prior to joining Morley, Mick worked for Halifax PLC/HBOSTreasury Services as head of collateral trading for five years.Before this, he worked at UBS for nine years where he establishedtheir European fixed income repo business.
He has more than 20 years investment experience and extensiveexperience in developing securities finance businesses.
For more information contact:
Corporate Communications, Morley Fund Management
Tel: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management Limited is the UK-based assetmanagement business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group ofcompanies manage £157bn from offices around the world as at 30June 2006.
- Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under theMorley brand. It also acts as investment manager for a range ofretail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the NorwichUnion brand, and international funds marketed under the AvivaFunds brand.
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education,Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com