Article date: 13 October 2006
Inchcape Retail – the country’s second biggestdealer group – has chosen HPI to provide a specially tailoredmenu of business solutions at its retail centres throughout theUK.
The new three-year contract – previously held by Experian– is for a range of products and services includingHPI’s online vehicle and mileage checking, CAP andGlass’s valuations and the Driveaway 7-day insurance product,offered by Norwich Union and supported by HPI.
Inchcape Retail Ltd represented under the Cooper, HA Fox,Hunters, Maranello and Inchcape banners, together with the newlyacquired Lind Automotive Group, operates from 110 franchiseddealerships nationwide, representing 20 manufacturers.
Cliff Deller, general manager, used cars at Inchcape, said:“After a lengthy selection process we chose HPI as our newservice provider because it offers complete flexibility, innovativeand easy-to-navigate systems and, combined with its Driveawayinsurance product, it provides a complete solution to ourcustomers.”
Daniel Burgess, director of automotive at HPI, said: “Weare delighted to have signed this extremely high profile contractafter a great deal of hard work. It is a tribute to HPI’shighly professional team, who showed just what we are able to do tomeet the specific needs of businesses like Inchcape.
"We will be providing a ‘made to measure’ approachto their business needs at highly competitive rates."
For press enquiries please contact:
Staniforth: RuthDevlin on 0161 919 8025/07900 215427
RAC/HPI Press office contact: Jon Day 01603 209287/ 07800690555
Notes to editors:
- Originally established in 1938, HPI Limited is a primarysource of vehicle information for the UK motor industry andmotoring consumer, which since August 2004 has been owned byNorwich Union. HPI encompasses both the HPI database of all UKroad registered vehicle descriptions and histories, and theNational Mileage Register which holds in excess of 85 millionmileage readings.
- Together, HPI and NMR represent the UK's largest vehicleinformation source, combining and interpreting data fromgovernment agencies, industry bodies, private organisations, thepolice and the general public. Registering with HPI helpscompanies to protect their financial interests in motor vehiclesand a wide range of other mobile assets. HPI Checks givepurchasers instant confirmation of whether vehicles are correctlydescribed, known to be subject to outstanding finance or seriousaccident damage, or recorded as stolen or "clocked".
- 'HPI' and the HPI logo are registered trademarks of HPILimited.
(1) All prices include VAT and are correct as of 1st January2006
(2) Mileage Data is not covered by The HPI Guarantee
(3) The HPI Guarantee is subject to terms and conditions
- With around seven million members, RAC is one of the UK's mostprogressive motoring organisations, providing services for bothprivate and business motorists. Whether it's roadside assistance,windscreen repair and replacement, learning to drive, vehicleinspections and checks, legal and financial services orup-to-the-minute traffic and travel information - RAC is able tomeet motorists’ needs. RAC incorporates BSM, RAC AutoWindscreens, RAC Direct Insurance and HPI.
- Aviva bought RAC in May 2005. The acquisition brings togetherRAC's powerful brand and customer base with the expertise andleading position in motor insurance of Norwich Union Insurance(part of Aviva). Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer,insuring one in seven motor vehicles and with a market share ofaround 14 per cent.