Article date: 20 November 2006
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest activemanagers, has been awarded "Equity End User of the Year" at thesecond annual Derivatives Excellence, Achievement and Leadership(DEAL) Awards last week.
The DEAL Awards recognise the firms and professionals who trulystand out in the over-the-counter derivatives market during theyear. Nominees and winners include leading derivatives banks,law-firms and end-users.
The judges cited Morley as the winner for its trail-blazing use ofequity derivatives across its funds. Dealers praised the firm fordemonstrating to rivals the value of derivatives and for“investing significantly to battle the derivativesfear-factor”.
“Morley’s partnership with Barclays Capital hasproduced the Global Distribution Fund and the Global CautiousIncome Fund, managed by Iyad Farah and Tom Wills in London. Whilethe call-overwriting strategy the funds run is nothing new, it isground-breaking in that the funds target retail investors ratherthan institutions,” they said.
The award also recognised Morley’s extensive derivatives usein other areas including the balanced funds and index teams managedby Steve Cleal, Russell Harris and Ned Kelly.
Morley was nominated alongside BlueCrest Capital Management and TheRoyal Bank of Scotland’s Multi-Strategy Group.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 78098125
Notes to editors:
Morley Fund Management
Morley Fund ManagementLimited is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc.Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £162bn fromoffices around the world as at 30 Septmber 2006.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand,and international funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
- Equity End User of the Year – Derivatives WeekDEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education,Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager.
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com