Article date: 16 February 2007
Norwich Union Life is launching a new Protection Service Promiseon 19 February 2007 confirming its commitment to service levels forall new business protection applications.
The Protection Service Promise includes:
- A new pre-sales helpdesk, providing underwriting help andadvice.
- Free cover for up to three months from receipt of a fullycompleted application for Term Assurance and Mortgage LifeInsurance.*
- All decisions will be made within two days of receipt of anaccurate and complete application, unless underwriting isrequired.
- When a decision cannot be made immediately, Norwich Union willcontact advisers within 48 hours to inform them of any missinginformation and where underwriting is needed, evidence will berequested within four days. A dedicated ‘case owner’will provide regular updates on the progress of theapplication.
- Where cover cannot be offered, an underwriter will contact theadviser to explain why.
Louise Colley, head of protection marketing, said: “Thenew Protection Service Promise offers additional support toadvisers. It builds on what we’ve already achieved in 2006through initiatives such as simplifying our new business process,removing the need for declarations of unimpaired health andintroducing shorter GP reports.
“We are continually working to provide competitiveofferings for customers in terms of pricing, product range andservice, and the new Protection Service Promise is evidence ofthis.”
Jason King, managing director of Torquil Clark Life Insurance,said: “For a company the size of Norwich Union to publiclyissue such service standards to all advisers shows how far theirservice proposition has come in recent years. We are pleased to seethat dedicated personal service seems to be coming back intofashion.”
Notes to editors
The Pre-sales Underwriting helpdesk can be contacted on 01438732708
* Free cover was previously available under the terms of theNorwich Union Protection Promise, for the time being this freecover will continue to be presented to end customers as the NorwichUnion Protection Promise. Free cover is available up to 2 x the sumassured, with a maximum of £1,000,000 and does not cover death fromsuicide, any pre-existing medical conditions at the time ofapplication or critical illness. The Protection Service Promise andthe elements contained within it may be reviewed or withdrawn atany time.
Press office contacts:
Robert Pell 01904452659 Out of hours 07800 699563
James Paterson 01904 452525
Louise Soulsby 01904 452617 Out of hours 07800 699526
About Norwich Union
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is a leadingprovider of life, pensions and investment products and one ofthe largest Financial Adviser (FA) providers. FAs provide over70% of the company's long-term savings business in the UK.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest general insurer with amarket share of around 14%, with a focus on insurance forindividuals and small businesses.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media