Article date: 3 April 2007
- Ian Gleeson to head up international multi-manager service
Morley revealed today that Ian Gleeson will head up its international multi-manager property services from mid-May.
Ian joins Morley from his role as head of property at the National Pensions Reserve Fund (NPRF) of Ireland, Ian is also currently chair of INREV's* Investor Platform and sits on INREV's management board. Prior to working for the NPRF he worked at F&C as director responsible for indirect property investment and strategy formulation for all property clients.
At Morley, Ian will be working with the indirect investment team to help to identify the best funds and approaches to indirect real estate investment internationally.
Nick Mansley, director of strategy and indirect investment commented: "Morley is committed to growing its international multi-manager business. The fact that we could attract Ian to Morley is great news for us and an indication of Morley's growing international presence and reputation.
"At the NPRF Ian established the real estate investment programme deploying over €1 billion in a range of investment vehicles across Europe, North America and Asia. He will further strengthen Morley's capability to provide the best possible international property investment solutions to our clients."
Morley manages around US$4 billion in property multi-manager mandates and a further US$2 billion in real estate securities and around US$50 billion in real estate assets in total.
Morley last year appointed James Cooksey as fund manager of UK multi-manager services and appointed Paul van de Vaart last year from ABP, to lead its global real estate securities capability and has been rapidly expanding its international activity since then.
Ian will report to Nick Mansley.
* INREV is the European Association for Investors in Non-listed Real Estate Vehicles.
For more information contact:
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7809 8618
Corporate Communications Manager
Morley Fund Management Ltd
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £165bn (€246bn) from offices around the world as at 31 December 2006.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £29bn (€44bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/