Article date: 16 April 2007
Morley, one of the UK's largest fund managers, has appointed Nas Islam and Braydon Barcham to the UK equities team as equity analysts. Nas will be covering small company stocks and Braydon will be covering the support services and IT sectors. This brings to nine the number of new hires Morley has added to its UK equities team in as many months.
Braydon Barcham joins Morley from Credit Suisse Asset Management where he was an equity research analyst covering UK Transport & Leisure. Prior to that he worked at State Street in Australia as a portfolio accountant.
Nas Islam has been internally promoted to the UK equities team. He was previously a senior portfolio risk analyst in Morley's portfolio risk team where he was responsible for risk analysis on all UK equity and quantitative funds. He is also completing his Masters in Finance at the London Business School.
Morley's head of equities, Niall Paul said: "We are continuing to strengthen our Equities team. We are pleased to welcome Braydon and Nas to the team. Morley currently manages around £34 billion in UK equities for clients, accounting for around 2% of the UK stock market. Our UK equities team has built some great momentum over the past year and both Nas and Braydon have the experience and expertise to contribute to ensuring that the team continues to deliver perfromance."
For more information contact:
Telephone:020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £165bn (€246bn) from offices around the world as at 31 December 2006.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £29bn (€44bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/