Article date: 5 July 2007
HPI has won a three-year contract to supply a vehicle stock locator programme to Suzuki enabling 150 approved used Suzuki dealerships to publish their vehicles online.
The new improved system will allow dealers to market their vehicles using better online navigation and clearer web pages, as well as giving them more flexibility and control.
Dealers will be able to virtually amend any aspect of a vehicle's information, upload their own images and alter equipment lists. The system will also allow dealers to determine where stock should be advertised and link up to a variety of publishing channels such as Autotrader or Ebay cars.
The link through Suzuki's own website will direct consumers to the approved used vehicle section, where they can view vehicles that have had HPI checks, a National Mileage Register check and show vehicles with warranties that are ready to be sold.
David Seward, of Suzuki, said: "HPI offers us everything we need in a stock publishing system. As an independent publisher, we believe it offers our dealer network a flexible, user-friendly and cost-effective solution.
"This is a natural extension of the excellent package of solutions HPI already provides, giving our dealers the best possible protection from the risks of used car trading. The addition of the HPI stock locator service means that dealers now have a seamless process for uploading vehicles for sale."
Daniel Burgess, director of automotive at HPI, said: "This is a significant contract win and demonstrates that HPI is becoming the motor manufacturers' value partner of choice. The service offering is a competitive package that we believe will be popular with dealers and customers.
"Both HPI and Suzuki are well established and trusted names in the motor trade and we are delighted to enter into a partnership that will benefit approved used Suzuki dealers across the UK."
For press enquiries please contact:
RAC/HPI Press office contact: Jon Day on 01603 209287/07800 690 555, Vicki Burn on 01603 684224/07800 692909 or Sam Bramwell at Staniforth on 0161 919 8024/077381 96667.
- Originally established in 1938, HPI Limited is a primary source of vehicle information for the UK motor industry and motoring consumer, which since August 2004 has been owned by Norwich Union. HPI encompasses both the HPI database of all UK road registered vehicle descriptions and histories, and the National Mileage Register which holds in excess of 100 million mileage readings.
- Together, HPI and NMR represent the UK's largest vehicle information source, combining and interpreting data from government agencies, industry bodies, private organisations, the police and the general public. Registering with HPI helps companies to protect their financial interests in motor vehicles and a wide range of other mobile assets. HPI Checks give purchasers instant confirmation of whether vehicles are correctly described, known to be subject to outstanding finance or serious accident damage, or recorded as stolen or "clocked".
'HPI' and the HPI logo are registered trademarks of HPI Limited.
(1) All prices include VAT and are correct as of 1st January 2006
(2) Mileage Data is not covered by The HPI Guarantee
(3) The HPI Guarantee is subject to terms and conditions
- With around seven million members, RAC is one of the UK's most progressive motoring organisations, providing services for both private and business motorists. Whether it's roadside assistance, windscreen repair and replacement, learning to drive, vehicle inspections and checks, legal and financial services or up-to-the-minute traffic and travel information - RAC is able to meet motorists' needs. RAC incorporates BSM, RAC Auto Windscreens, RAC Direct Insurance and HPI.
- Aviva bought RAC in May 2005. The acquisition brings together RAC's powerful brand and customer base with the expertise and leading position in motor insurance of Norwich Union Insurance (part of Aviva). Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer, insuring one in seven motor vehicles and with a market share of around 15%.