Article date: 30 July 2007
Morley has moved to strengthen its fixed income research capability with the appointment of two quant analysts and a credit analyst who joined the team in June.
Reporting to Upkar Kambo, who leads the Fixed Income Quantitative Team, new quant analysts Robert Goldsmith and Stuart Ritson will support the fixed income fund management process through quantitative research and modelling of the global sovereign, credit and FX markets, together with risk and attribution analysis. This brings the team to a total of four.
Credit analyst Allen Twyning, who reports to Tim Barker, head of credit research, will service the Treasury team which is responsible for money markets, foreign exchange, borrowings and general fund client liaison.
Servicing fund managers, other analysts and the risk team, the new members will bolster Morley's analytics and help fund managers construct portfolios in line with risk targets and client return objectives.
Morley's head of fixed income, Ceris Williams, said: "Morley continues to build on its research capability in an area of traditional strength for us. We are delighted to welcome Robert, Stuart and Allen as new members of our team. Their combined experience in FX investment models, research, and analysis will be significant value added to Morley. All three come from strong in-house financial backgrounds with considerable experience working in global markets."
Robert Goldsmith joins from HBOS Treasury Services as an FX specialist; Stuart Ritson has joined from Rabobank; and Allen Twyning moves from Fitch Ratings.
For more information contact:
Beth Saint - Corporate Communications
Tel: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors
- Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £165bn (€246bn) from offices around the world as at 31 March 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/