Article date: 1 August 2007
Morley has appointed Angela Warburton to the newly created role of corporate communications senior manager, reporting to Morley's head of corporate communications Fiona Baker.
Angela's appointment follows the rapid expansion of Morley in Europe and its recent entry into the Asian market.
Morley's head of corporate communications Fiona Baker said: "Angela's appointment will further deepen the resources of our corporate communications team as Morley's presence continues to grow in UK and overseas markets.
"She has over 10 years' communications experience in the financial services industry, gained as both an in-house practitioner and as a consultant."
In addition, existing team member, Beth Saint, has been promoted to the role of corporate communications manager. "Beth is a valued member of the team and her promotion recognises the contribution and strength of advice she continues to bring to the company."
For more information contact:
Beth Saint - Corporate Communications
Telephone:020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £169bn (€247bn) from offices around the world as at 30 April 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £29bn (€44bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Morley ranks number 1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/