Article date: 14 August 2007
Morley, the UK's largest active fund manager, is boosting its European business with two new appointments to its European Business Development team - Spiro Andreadakis has joined as head of European sales administration and Laura Suárez Pajares has joined as client operations manager.
Spiro Andreadakis, in the newly created role, will oversee the smooth operation of the European distribution activities in Morley's European offices - Milan, Madrid and Frankfurt. He will also coordinate the activities of the local client operation and sales administration managers as well as Morley's interaction with Aviva Funds Services in Luxembourg. He reports to Adam Lessing, head of European business development.
Laura Suárez Pajares will be responsible for managing operations in Morley's Spanish office and will develop systems that help win new clients and better service existing European clients. She reports to William Pawson, director general, Spain.
These roles emphasise the development of a local interface with European clients, both institutional and third-party wholesale. Looking to build on standard procedures and control mechanisms within Morley's regional European offices, these appointments will enable the provision of first-class services and will assist in winning and retaining new clients.
Morley's head of European business development, Adam Lessing said: "These new additions to our team are a testament to Morley's continued commitment to growing the European arm of the business. Developing our capability in Europe will ensure that our clients in these local regions have access to the highest level of coordinated service."
Spiro Andreadakis has over 20 years of fund management experience, gained at both UBS and Fidelity where his focus was operational delivery, relationship management and business acquisition. Laura Suárez Pajares comes to Morley following a career working at Franklin Templeton Investments, Bancoval and Bank of New York where she gained extensive experience in marketing related issues and support services.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £169bn (€247bn) from offices around the world as at 30 April 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name. The property team manages in excess of £32bn (€48bn) of UK and European property assets. Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/
- Morley ranks no.1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.