Article date: 20 August 2007
Morley's European Property team has just recruited two new managers:
- Andreas von Gossler joins as acquisition manager for the European Property Fund (EPF) where he will be responsible for sourcing and closing property transactions. Andreas reports to Julian Taylor, fund manager on the EPF.
- Natali Cooper has been appointed as an assistant fund manager and will be working primarily on the Central European Industrial Fund but also providing support on other funds. Natali reports to Ben Stirling, head of European property.
Acquisition manager Andreas will oversee all aspects of the procurement process for the European Property Fund. He will also provide input to the Property Strategy and Research Team on investment market conditions of varying European markets.
Assistant fund manager Natali will be responsible for supporting existing team members on the day to day management of Morley's European property funds.
The two new managers will grow Morley's European Property team to 20 investment professionals (as at July 31, 2007).
Ben Stirling, head of European property, said: "Andreas and Natali bring a breadth of experience to these roles. Working closely with other fund managers, I am sure they will make a strong contribution to the team and will help us to continue our growth in the coming years."
Andreas von Gossler has joined from the German open-ended fund manager Union Investment, where he worked in a similar role. He will be based in London for a short while before making the transition to Morley's Frankfurt office. Natali Cooper previously worked at SEGECE, the asset management subsidiary of Klepierre Group, where she was the asset manager for the retail portfolio across Central and Eastern Europe.
For more information contact:
Angela Warburton - Corporate Communications
Telephone: 020 7809 8618
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £168bn (€250bn) from offices around the world as at 30 June 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name. The property team manages in excess of £32bn (€48bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Morley ranks no 1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
With more than 90 investment professionals, Morley's Property team manages a range of funds on behalf of institutional, pension and retail clients. Morley has been at the forefront of innovation in property fund management and has launched fourteen specialist sector based funds with partners, including: Igloo Regeneration Fund, Quercus Healthcare Property, The Junction and The Mall. Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.