Article date: 22 August 2007
Morley, one of the UK's largest fund managers, is strengthening its Business Development team with the appointment of two new business development managers and one distribution support manager, all of whom join this summer. The new team will report to James Bowers, head of distribution solutions.
Business development managers Jean-Paul Grenade and Siobhan MacDonald will manage the distribution relationships with some of Morley's largest financial institution clients and will have their own revenue accountability.
Distribution support manager, Shariff Ahmed will provide day-to-day support for the distribution relationships with Aviva group companies and external partners.
With a view to encouraging new business and providing a multi-disciplined service to Morley's largest clients, the Business Development team champions innovative concepts that will prioritise profitable new business.
Morley's head of distribution solutions, James Bowers said: "This new team will work to develop strong, valuable relationships with key client accounts. Jean-Paul, Siobhan and Shariff will make a vital contribution to this multi-disciplined service which includes building and managing new business and overseeing the selling of new products."
Jean-Paul Grenade joins the team from Fidelity International while Siobhan MacDonald brings experience from Scottish Widows and RBS Group; and Shariff Ahmed moves to Morley from Norwich Union.
For more information contact:
Beth Saint - Corporate Communications
Telephone: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £168bn (€250bn) from offices around the world as at 30 June 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name. The property team manages in excess of £32bn (€48bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Morley ranks no 1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager.
With more than 90 investment professionals, Morley's Property team manages a range of funds on behalf of institutional, pension and retail clients. Morley has been at the forefront of innovation in property fund management and has launched fourteen specialist sector based funds with partners, including: Igloo Regeneration Fund, Quercus Healthcare Property, The Junction and The Mall. Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.