Article date: 30 August 2007
Morley, one of the UK's leading active fund managers and the largest asset management business of Aviva plc, today announces the appointment of Siobhan Boylan as its new chief financial officer (CFO). Siobhan joined Morley on 28 August 2007 and takes over the role from David Watson, who has moved within Aviva plc to be CFO of Aviva Europe.
Siobhan was previously director of group financial reporting for Aviva plc. She will join both the executive board of Morley Fund Management Limited (subject to regulatory consent) and the board of Morley Fund Management Group Limited, with responsibility for the Finance, Compliance, Business Risk and Legal functions of the firm.
Before joining Aviva in 2001, Siobhan worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers for 10 years in its insurance and investment management division.
Siobhan Boylan said: "Now is a great time to be joining Morley, with our new CEO joining next week and Morley set to play a foundational role in what will become Aviva Global Investors. I look forward to making my contribution towards the further growth and success of the business."
Philip Scott, chairman of Morley and finance director of Aviva, said: "I am particularly pleased that we could take advantage of a one Aviva approach to this appointment, with David joining Aviva Europe and Siobhan bringing her experience of the Aviva group to Morley."
Alain Dromer, the new chief executive of Morley and Aviva Global Investors, starts with the company on Monday 3 September 2007.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8617
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £168bn (€250bn) from offices around the world as at 30 June 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name. The property team manages in excess of £32bn (€48bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Morley ranks no 1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
With more than 90 investment professionals, Morley's Property team manages a range of funds on behalf of institutional, pension and retail clients. Morley has been at the forefront of innovation in property fund management and has launched fourteen specialist sector based funds with partners, including: Igloo Regeneration Fund, Quercus Healthcare Property, The Junction and The Mall. Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.