Article date: 19 October 2007
Morley, one of the UK's leading active fund managers, today announces that it has strengthened its European business with the appointment of Enrique Barroso Recasens as business development manager for Spain.
Enrique will be responsible for planning, growing and driving Morley's business in Spain and Portugal, including developing and executing business plans for the region and building strong relationships with key client targets. He will report to William Pawson, director general of Morley's Spanish operations, and his appointment follows that of Laura Suarez Pajares in August to the role of client operations manager in the Madrid office.
Before joining Morley, Enrique was with Mutuactivos SV, the investment fund and pensions arm of Mutua Madrilena, where he was head of retail sales for Andalucia.
Adam Lessing, Morley's head of European business development, said: "This appointment reflects Morley's commitment to the growth of the European business and to Spain in particular. We have raised close to €200m in Spain so far this year including high profile institutional mandates in the pension fund and savings bank sector.
"Enrique's experience and his network of contacts will be powerful assets as we pursue our Spanish growth plans and we're delighted to welcome him to the team," Mr Lessing said.
Before joining Mutuactivos, Enrique worked at Robeco Institucional Asset Management as institutional client sales manager for Spain and South America. Enrique has a BSc in Business Administration and Marketing from Seville University.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8618
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £168bn (€250bn) from offices around the world as at 30 June 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name. The property team manages in excess of £32bn (€48bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Morley ranks no.1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
Further information about Morley can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com/