Article date: 8 November 2007
- Alison Murdoch joins Morley from HIMCO
Morley today boosted its Credit team with the appointment of Alison Murdoch as fund manager. Alison joins from Hartford Investment Management Company (HIMCO) in the US and will focus on running Morley's institutional credit portfolios.
Alison will commence her role in November and will report to head of credit portfolio management, Roger Webb.
Morley's head of credit portfolio management Roger Webb, said: "We're delighted to welcome Alison to the team. Her extensive experience both in the UK and overseas will be hugely beneficial to Morley as the company moves forward. With over £55 billion in bonds under management*, we are committed to offering a competitive range of products that meet our clients' needs.
"Alison's appointment shows that Morley is offering attractive opportunities to high quality managers in a competitive environment and reflects the seriousness of our intentions in the institutional fixed income space. Her appointment is a sign of confidence in Morley and its future direction," he said.
Alison Murdoch joins Morley from Hartford Investment Management where she has been working as a fund manager since July 2004. She previously worked at Abbey National Asset Managers from May 1999 as a credit fund manager.
Alison's appointment follows earlier announcements this year, when a number of Morley's most talented fund managers were promoted from within the team. Long-standing credit portfolio manager Roger Webb was promoted to head of credit portfolio management and Dominic White was given additional lead manager responsibilities on a number of retail funds. Also, Old Mutual fund manager Chris Higham returned to Morley this month.
"Our talent strategy has three core components: active recruitment, managing existing staff progressively, and advancing quality people from inside. We are pleased that Morley is attracting leading fund managers like Alison Murdoch and Chris Higham and continuing to provide opportunities for quality team members," said Roger.
Morley's credit team consists of 12 portfolio managers and 15 credit analysts, who cover emerging market, high yield, corporate and investment grade bonds and are situated in both London and Boston, USA.
* as at 31st October 2007
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £168bn (€250bn) from offices around the world as at 30 June 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £32bn (€48bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Best Property Manager - Financial News Excellence in Institutional Management Awards, Europe 2007
- Morley ranks number one fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2006
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
With more than 90 investment professionals, Morley's Property team manages a range of funds on behalf of institutional, pension and retail clients. Morley has been at the forefront of innovation in property fund management and has launched fourteen specialist sector based funds with partners, including: Igloo Regeneration Fund, Quercus Healthcare Property, The Junction and The Mall. Further information about Morley can be found at www.morleyfm.com.
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.