Article date: 21 November 2007
Morley, one of UK's largest active fund managers, has bolstered its Product Specialist team with five new members - two senior product specialists focussing on equities and fixed income and three product specialists.
In addition Paul Moody has been promoted to head the team which is responsible for creating relevant and profitable positioning for Morley's retail and institutional investment products. Paul reports to David Norman, head of marketing and products.
New senior product specialists, Andrew Whitaker and Aran Gordon are responsible for generating ideas for new equity and fixed income products and services as well as developing relationships with key clients, strategic partners and intermediaries.
Product specialists: Francesca Battisti-Davies, fixed income; Christy McKee, SRI and European Equities; and Nicholas Whitelocke, alternative investments; will help assess the viability of proposed new products and act as spokespeople on behalf of fund managers for clients.
The five product specialists report to Paul Moody and bring the team to a total of seven product specialists (including Dipak Chouhan who joined Morley in August 2006).
Morley's head of investment development, Paul Moody, said: "With their wide range of product and management experience, these new team members will help to boost the profile and sale of Morley's products.
"Working closely with the sales teams and Morley's fund managers, this team will play an important role in enhancing the investment process and tailoring investments by assessing the viability of new products - a role that is central to Morley's continued success."
Paul Moody began his career at Natwest and gained further experience at NPI, Henderson's and with Morley generating new ideas for products and services and managing product specialists. Andrew Whitaker joins Morley from RCM where he was a global equity product specialist. Aran Gordon was previously at T Rowe Price Associates as vice-president portfolio specialist - fixed income. Christy McKee recently moved back to London having previously worked for Alliance Bernstein in both London and New York. She began her career with Alliance in 2001. Nicholas Whitelocke was previously at HSBC and Francesca Battisti-Davies comes to Morley from Baring Asset Management, where she was a fixed income portfolio manager.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £168bn (€250bn) from offices around the world as at 30 June 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £32bn (€48bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Best Property Manager - Financial News Excellence in Institutional Management Awards, Europe 2007
- Morley ranks no.1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.