Article date: 30 January 2008
Morley has received a platinum award at the Clean City Awards Scheme (CCAS) for its recycling efforts in 2007. The Clean City Awards Scheme is a City of London initiative, in partnership with the business community, to reduce unsafe and unsightly waste on our City streets, and to drive the practices of reduction, reuse and recycling of waste.
Nick Alford, chief operating officer, said: "This is the second year running that Morley has been recognised with a platinum award and puts us in the top 20 of over 1,000 entrants. Every year we introduce new initiatives, raise awareness and strive to improve our green credentials and winning this award is testimony to the concerted efforts of our staff."
More details on the scheme can be found at: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/cleancity/
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 6296
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £167bn (€240bn) from offices around the world as at 30 September 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
- Best Property Manager - Financial News Excellence in Institutional Management Awards, Europe 2007
- Morley ranks no.1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley’s G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2006
- Equity End User of the Year – Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of the Year
Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world’s fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
Aviva’s principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.