Article date: 22 February 2008
Morley, Aviva's UK-based asset management business, has appointed Felicity Ambler as European product specialist in its leading property team, working with institutional funds.
Previously at Jones Lang LaSalle working within its International Capital Group and Global Research teams in London, Felicity started with Morley last month, reporting to Phil Ellis, head of property business development.
Felicity will play a vital role in developing and executing sales plans across the range of Morley's European property products and services, where Morley is seeing strong demand from both traditional UK and European investors.
The European Property team at Morley are actively raising capital for their balanced continental European fund Encore +, the German Retail Investment Fund and recently launched LogAxes Fund that focuses on the logistics and industrial sector in Germany, Austria and CEE.
Phil Ellis said: "We're delighted to welcome Felicity to the team. Her experience in Australia, the Middle East and Europe will be invaluable in helping to boost the profile and sale of products by Morley's award-winning property team."
Morley is one of the largest managers of European property funds1, managing in excess of £31 billion (€43 billion) of UK and European property assets. The company's property team is highly decorated; winning Best Property Manager at the Financial News Excellence in Institutional Management Awards, Europe and also Property Manager of the Year at the UK Pensions Awards in 2007.
Felicity began her career working as a Capital Markets Analyst with Jones Lang LaSalle in Melbourne, before moving into Research and Marketing and Communications. She transferred to London in May 2005 and spent part of 2007 in Dubai as senior manager in the investments team.
1 Source: EuroProperty/INREV survey, May 2007 - Based on European (inc UK) property assets under management
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8168
Notes to editors:
Encore +, German Retail Investment Fund and LogAxes Fund are unregulated collective investment schemes for the purpose of the UK Financial Services and Markets Act. Information regarding the schemes is therefore intended only for those to whom the scheme can be promoted under the Act. As they are unregulated collective investment schemes all or most of the protections provided by the UK regulatory system do not apply and compensation under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme will not be available. Information regarding the schemes should not be regarded as constituting an offer to invest.
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £164bn (€223bn) from offices around the world as at 31 December 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £31bn (€43bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Best Property Manager - Financial News Excellence in Institutional Management Awards, Europe 2007
- Morley ranks no.1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2006
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.