Article date: 17 April 2008
Morley1, Aviva's UK-based asset management business, has appointed Haydn Davies to its Strategy and Multi-Asset Funds team.
Haydn joins the team as an asset allocation strategist. Reporting to team leader Steve Cleal, he will be responsible for using his financial economics expertise to develop investment models and to generate trade ideas for all Morley's asset allocation clients.
The Strategy team is responsible for the development of Morley's house view that drives the asset allocation decisions for £75 billion of multi-asset and Tactical Asset Allocation (TAA) funds, as well as sophisticated modelling and advice to guide clients' strategic asset allocation decisions.
Adrian Jarvis, interim chief investment officer, said: "Haydn will play a vital role in developing our asset allocation framework and generating investment ideas that will help us to improve our offering to clients. Haydn brings a wealth of experience from BGI, where he was chief economist, focussed on their asset allocation product. We are delighted to have added this expertise to an already strong team.
"Throughout the process of building Aviva Investors we are continuing to emphasise the stability of asset allocation and our commitment to this is demonstrated by enhancing the expertise of the Strategy team with Haydn's appointment."
Haydn began his career working as a Monetary Analyst at the Bank of England before joining Barclays Global Investors as a strategist. He worked most recently as chief economist within Barclays Global Investors' Global Market Strategies Group.
1 On 28 February 2008, Aviva plc announced it was combining its asset management businesses to create a single, globally integrated asset manager to be known as Aviva Investors - to be launched formally in September 2008.
Aviva Investors will be the global asset management business of Aviva plc, the world's fifth-largest insurance group. Firms that will become Aviva Investors have £316 billion (US$623 billion) of assets under management as at 28 February 2008 and significant growth potential.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 6296
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £164bn (€223bn) from offices around the world as at 31 December 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £31bn (€43bn) of UK and European property assets.
On 28 February 2008, Aviva plc announced it was combining its asset management businesses to create a single, globally integrated asset manager to be known as Aviva Investors - to be launched formally in September 2008.
Aviva Investors will be the global asset management business of Aviva plc, the world's fifth-largest insurance group. Firms that will become Aviva Investors have £316 billion ($623 billion) of assets under management as at 28 February 2008 and significant growth potential.
Operating under a single brand with more than 1,300 employees in 15 countries across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia, and subject to regulatory approval, Aviva Investors will combine businesses in the UK (Morley Fund Management), North America (Aviva Capital Management, MFM International, Aviva Investment Canada), France (Aviva Gestion d'Actifs), Australia (Portfolio Partners), Poland (CUIM Polska), Ireland (Hibernian Investment Managers), Spain (Aviva Gestion SGIIC (Gestora)) and Romania (CertInvest) and work in partnership with Delta Lloyd Asset Management in the Netherlands.
Recent Morley Awards
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Best Property Manager - Financial News Excellence in Institutional Management Awards, Europe 2007
- Morley ranks no.1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2006
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Building a global asset management capability is one of Aviva's strategic priorities and as such Aviva Investors will be a key component in Aviva's composite model of long-term savings, general insurance and asset management.
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pension products in Europe (including the UK) with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £49.2 billion and funds under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2007.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.