Article date: 4 June 2007
Morley, the Aviva group's major fund management firm, operating in Italy from offices in Milan, is strengthened by the appointment of John Botham and Ian Hally.
John Botham, appointed head of European Equities, will be managing a team responsible for 15 funds with assets of c £2.8 billion.
Botham comes to Morley from Henderson Global Investors, where he worked as head of pan-European Equities.
Botham's appointment completes the significant reinforcement of fund management that Niall Paul, Morley's head of Equities, proposed to carry out in December of last year.
Ian Hally is appointed at Morley as head of Asian strategy and indirect investments, a key role in the growth strategy of the group in Asia.
Hally will report to the head of Asian strategy from Singapore, Hally will be responsible for strategy and research, as well managing securities investments.
Hally comes to Morley from Scottish Widows Investment Partnership, where he worked as director of property securities, and before that, head of property research. Previously, he worked for F&C, Ryden, property market analysis and Drivers Jonas.
Notes to editors:
Morley Fund Management, with head offices based in London, is the Fund Management Company of the Aviva Group that manages €246 billion worldwide, as of 31 March 07.
Morley manages funds for both institutional and retail clients. It operates as investment manager for a range of funds for retail investors, distributed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand, and international funds under the Aviva Morley brand name.
The property fund team manages €44 billion in property assets throughout England and Europe.
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager