Article date: 24 June 2008
Morley1, Aviva's UK-based asset management business, today announces two new asset managers on its UK Retail Property Funds team.
Reporting to Philip Nell, head of UK retail property funds, Douglas Carson and Jessica Way will manage assets in the Norwich Property Trust (NPT).
Philip Nell, head of UK retail property funds, said: "I am very pleased to welcome Jessica and Douglas to our existing eight-strong investment team. These appointments are evidence of Morley's strongly held view as an active property manager that asset management is key to gaining maximum performance from direct property assets. By initiating and implementing value enhancement opportunities, Douglas and Jessica will aim to maximise fund performance for our clients."
Douglas joins Morley from Jones Lang LaSalle where he was responsible for active management on a balanced portfolio of industrial, retail and office properties. Jessica was previously at Cheval Properties Ltd and was an asset manager for a closed-ended Off Shore Property Fund with a regional portfolio of properties.
1 On 28 February 2008, Aviva plc announced it was combining its asset management businesses to create a single, globally integrated asset manager to be known as Aviva Investors - to be launched formally in September 2008.
Aviva Investors will be the global asset management business of Aviva plc, the world's fifth-largest insurance group. Firms that will become Aviva Investors have £316 billion ($623 billion) of assets under management as at 28 February 2008 and significant growth potential.
For more information contact:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7809 6296
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £157bn (€198bn) from offices around the world as at 31 March 2008.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £29bn (€37bn) of UK and European property assets.
Operating under a single brand with more than 1,300 employees in 15 countries across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia, and subject to regulatory approval, Aviva Investors will combine businesses in the UK (Morley Fund Management), North America (Aviva Capital Management, MFM International, Aviva Investment Canada), France (Aviva Gestion d'Actifs), Australia (Portfolio Partners), Poland (CUIM Polska), Ireland (Hibernian Investment Managers), Spain (Aviva Gestion SGIIC (Gestora)) and Romania (CertInvest) and work in partnership with Delta Lloyd Asset Management in the Netherlands.
Recent Morley awards
- The Norwich Union Life and Pension fund managed by Morley - winner of the category 'Insurance Company Life Funds (£150m to £1.5bn, Dec 07)'at the IPD and Estates Gazette awards 2008
- The Holloways Properties Ltd fund managed by Morley - winner of the category 'Balanced Pooled Funds & Traditional Institutions (above £150m and below £500m, Dec 07)'at the IPD and Estates Gazette awards 2008
- Morley - Money Market Fund category winner at Pension and Investment Provider awards 2008
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007 and 2008
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2006 and 2007
- Best Property Manager - Financial News Excellence in Institutional Management Awards, Europe 2007
- Morley ranks number 1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Building a global asset management capability is one of Aviva's strategic priorities and as such Aviva Investors will be a key component in Aviva's composite model of long-term savings, general insurance and asset management.
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pension products in Europe (including the UK) with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £49.2 billion and funds under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2007.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.