Article date: 23 September 2009
Aviva extends availability of online pension tracker
Aviva – one of the UK’s leading pension providers – is making the Aviva Pension Tracker available to one million customers.
The Aviva Pension Tracker is a secure online tool that makes pensions planning easier for consumers. It includes Lisa, a ground-breaking virtual online guide, who shows visitors around the site and helps them understand the importance of pension planning.
It enables pensions savers to see what their pension’s worth today, how investments are invested, how they are performing and the income they have when retired.
With the extended Pension Tracker, more than one million customers will be able to activate their account online using a one-step registration process at www.aviva.co.uk/controlyourpension
The Aviva Pension Tracker allows savers to:
- See what their pension’s worth, how contributions are invested and performing
- See the benefits of tax-relief and employer contributions
- See how much their pension might be worth when they retire
- Provides tips and tools to budget for retirement
- Instruct changes to contributions and retirement age and switch funds online.
Iain Oliver, head of pensions and investments at Aviva, said: “Pension Tracker is an exciting new way for you to take control of your Aviva pension. It's an online service that helps you manage your pension any time that suits you, much as you can with internet banking.
“Pension Tracker has been designed by customers for customers to give you access to all the information, tools and tips you need, just when you need them. It takes only a few minutes to register with Pension Tracker. Once you've registered and logged in, you can take control of your pension and see whether you're doing all you need to do to have a financially secure retirement.”
For a demonstration of the site, and to register for services, go to www.aviva.co.uk/controlyourpension
Press office contacts:
Mobile: 07800 693187
Notes to editors:
About Aviva’s Pension Tracker
The Aviva Pension Tracker is self-service proposition for pension customers. This delivery included:
- Lisa, our ground-breaking Virtual Online Guide who explains pensions and our proposition, giving it the human touch
- Simple, intuitive site designed by customers for customers
- The ‘Beam of Light’, Valuations and contributions history – so customers can keep track of what they’re investing in their pension
- The pension tracker is not currently available to Heritage customers and is for scale products only.
Aviva, the international savings, investments and insurance group, is the world’s fifth largest insurance group, serving 50 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
In the UK, Aviva is a leading provider of life, pensions, investment, general insurance and health products to more than 20 million customers. Aviva also provides roadside assistance through the RAC. Products are distributed through a number of channels including IFAs, brokers, corporate partners and direct to customers via the internet.
Aviva's UK Insurance business has a market share of around 15%, making it the largest general insurer in the UK. The business is focused on insurance for individuals and small businesses.
Aviva's life and pensions business in the UK has a total market share of 12% and a top three position in its key markets of savings, protection, and annuities.