Article date: 6 October 2009
At last, brokers can now offer customers personal lines products that are more price competitive with the direct insurance marketplace.
By drawing upon Aviva’s underwriting expertise in the direct marketplace, brokers can now access Aviva’s most sophisticated pricing system either through a web based portal or via their software house, creating a transparent alignment between direct and broker prices.
Insurecom is the first software house to work with Aviva on this development, which ultimately allows brokers the opportunity to improve their service to customers. This follows the launch of Personal Best from Aviva, which was created to allow brokers online access to Aviva’s advanced pricing elements and special offers via an extranet portal.
John Kennedy, director of personal lines, Aviva, says: “We have listened to broker feedback and we know that the biggest stumbling blocks for personal lines products are price competitiveness and ease of access.
“As a result, we have invested in pricing and technology to offer brokers the opportunity to genuinely compete with the direct market and provide the first steps towards a solution to help make selling policies easier,” he added.
Working with Insurecom follows the success of Personal Best from Aviva, launched in July this year. As well as more competitive rates, this web based offering also allows brokers to take advantage of the same special offers that were previously only available in the direct market place.
“Since we launched Personal Best we have seen thousands of quotes being placed across hundreds of brokers with a conversion rate of more than one in four (27%)*,” says John.
He adds: “We’re extremely pleased with the success of Personal Best and if the initial roll out with Insurecom is anything to go by, we are confident, as we roll out across other software houses we will Aviva back in the number one spot for Personal lines.”
Chris Moseley, strategic relations director, Insurecom, says: “Having worked closely with the Aviva team over the last few months, Insurecom is delighted to be the first software house to integrate with Aviva’s rating engine and provide its users with access to more competitive rates.
“This successful development initiative changes the way personal lines rates are able to be distributed, with the technology allowing Aviva to change their rates in real-time. Insurecom software customers have a head-start in the industry with their new ability to access Aviva’s most sophisticated and competitive motor rates in the broker market.”
“Private car is the first product to be available through Insurecom. All Insurecom users with Aviva agencies will be automatically switched on and can take advantage of the new rates with immediate effect.”
For further information, please contact:
Jo Rosenberg at Staniforth on 0161 919 8014 or 07973 143215 or Adam Cracknell at Aviva’s UK Insurance press office on 01603 684916 or 07800 699517
Notes to editors
* According to Aviva September 09 sales figures
- Aviva, the international savings, investments and insurance group, is the world’s fifth largest insurance group, serving 50 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- In the UK, Aviva is a leading provider of life, pensions, investment, general insurance and health products to more than 20 million customers. Aviva also provides roadside assistance through RAC. Products are distributed through a number of channels including IFAs, brokers, corporate partners and direct to customers via the internet.
- Aviva's UK Insurance business has a market share of around 15%, making it the largest general insurer in the UK. The business is focused on insurance for individuals and small businesses.
- Aviva's life and pensions business in the UK has a total market share of 12% and a top three position in its key markets of savings, protection, and annuities.
- Aviva’s news releases and a selection of images are available from the internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.