Article date: 26 March 2010
- And Profile technology makes it easier for advisers to manage model portfolios.
Figures from Aviva Wrap show that funds from Jupiter, Invesco Perpetual, M&G and Aviva were among the most popular choices for investors in the first two months of the year. The most popular funds are:
- Jupiter Merlin Growth Portfolio
- Invesco Perpetual High Income
- Aviva Investors Property
- M&G Recovery
- JPM Natural Resources
- Jupiter Merlin Balanced Portfolio
- Invesco Perpetual Corporate Bond
- CF Miton Special Situations.
Aviva Wrap includes Profiles; an online model portfolio and asset allocation tool that enables advisers to manage clients’ model portfolios at the click of a mouse.
Profiles enables advisers to:
- Create individual profiles for each customer or product type. This enables advisers to create different risk-graded profiles for a customer’s Isa and general investment account.
To make managing customers’ investment Profiles simpler and quicker, advisers can also benefit from:
- Automatic Profile rebalancing either every month, quarter, half-year or year to ensure asset allocation continually matches investors’ risk profiles
- Profile rebalance "now’ option in the event of unusual market movements enables investment portfolios to be immediately rebalanced
- Bulk Profile rebalance option so advisers can manage multiple client portfolios at the touch of a button
- Switch and bulk switch options so that changes to existing Profiles can be made quickly and efficiently, and money can be switched between funds en masse
- Keep cash or other assets outside of the Profile so that it is not included in the rebalancing
During rebalancing money will not be invested for a period of time and investors can be adversely affected by market movements.
Nicholas Burton, head of marketing at Aviva Wrap, said: “My view is that there is no single investment theme dominating sales, and advisers and customers are spreading money across a wide range of funds, sectors and fund managers. The top-selling funds accounted for about a quarter of total sales.
“Our data indicates that advisers are using multi-manager funds as core holdings in portfolios and also investing in the balanced and defensive managed sectors.
“In January 2010, Aviva launched its market-leading Profiles; an online model portfolio tool that allows IFAs to create and manage Portfolios for individual customers based on assessment of attitude to risk. We are delighted at the up-take and feedback from advisers has been very encouraging.”
David Gwyer - 0207 662 0550 07800 693187
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is the world’s fifth largest* insurance group, serving 53 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific
- Aviva's main business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £45.1 billion and funds under management of £379 billion at 31 December 2009
- We are the largest insurance services provider in the UK and one of the leading providers of life and pensions products in Europe
- Aviva’s life and pensions business in the UK has a total market share of 10.3%** and a leading position in its key markets of savings, protection and annuities.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit www.aviva.com/media/video/.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
* Based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2008.
** Source: ABI data released March 2010.