Article date: 17 May 2010
Aviva has added nine funds managed by Aviva Investors, Schroders, Standard Life and Investec to its wrap and Sipp platform in response to adviser demand.
The newly added funds are:
- Investec Enhanced Natural Resources
- Schroders QEP Global Active Value
- Schroders Asian Alpha Plus fund
- Schroders Diversified Target Return fund
- Schroders All Maturities Corporate Bond fund
- Schroders Global emerging Markets fund
- Schroders Global Climate Change fund
- Standard Life Global Absolute Return
- Standard Life Strategic Bond.
Aviva Wrap re-opened to new business in January 2010. The platform makes available to advisers and customers over 1,500 funds and plans to have 2,000 available by the end of 2010.
Aviva Wrap includes Profiles - an online model portfolio and asset allocation tool that enables advisers to build and manage clients’ model portfolios at the click of a mouse – and re-registration on and off the platform without charge.
Nicholas Burton, head of wrap at Aviva, said: “Adding these funds gives advisers and their customers even more choice when it comes to building portfolios. The Aviva Wrap includes a wide range of funds and asset classes, and now has 90% coverage of the main rating agencies including OBSR. We will continue to add funds throughout the year.”
Robin Stoakley, managing director UK Intermediary at Schroders, said: "Whether investors are looking for yield or growth, to invest locally or globally, to diversify or specialise, the addition of the Schroder funds to the Aviva platform provides investors with a fund to suit any season. We are delighted to partner with Aviva and will continue to offer investors a wide variety of investment strategies."
David Gwyer 01904 452659 / 07800 693187
Jess Geoghegan 01904 684128 / 07800 695673
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is the world’s fifth largest* insurance group, serving 53 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- Aviva's main business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £45.1 billion and funds under management of £379 billion at 31 December 2009.
- We are the largest insurance services provider in the UK and one of the leading providers of life and pensions products in Europe.
- Aviva’s life and pensions business in the UK has a total market share of 10.3%** and a leading position in its key markets of savings, protection and annuities.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit www.aviva.com/media/video.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
* based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2008
** Source: ABI data released March 2010