Article date: 18 June 2010
Aviva has today announced that Dipak Warren will be joining them as Corporate Risk Solutions Director.
Dipak joins Aviva from Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (London Management) Ltd where she joined in 2000 as a founding member of the Syndicate with responsibility for developing the property and package business across the UK and European large corporate clients. Dipak will report to Axel Schmidt, Chief Underwriting Officer.
In her last role as active underwriter and director of Mitsui Syndicate, Dipak was responsible for the Syndicate business plan and performance across property, casualty, motor, PI, marine, construction, commercial mid-market and aviation.
David McMillan, UK General Insurance CEO, Aviva, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Dipak to head up our Corporate Risk Solutions division.
“Corporate Risk Solutions has had a great reception from brokers since its launch in January, and has gone from strength to strength, culminating in Dipak’s appointment. Although we have only recently set our sights on large corporate risks, we believe Dipak's appointment further substantiates our intention of becoming a top three player in the corporate risks market within the next three to five years.
"We know that Dipak, with her wealth of experience in this sector, will be a strong asset to the team, both by helping develop our expertise further and leading the team to even greater success in the future.”
Dipak will take up her new role in September. She will be based in London at the Corporate Risk Solutions Centre in St Helen’s, Aviva’s head office.
Press office contact:
Erik Nelson, Aviva’s press office on 01603 682264 / 07989 427086
Notes to editors
- A photo of Dipak Warren is available upon request.
- Aviva is the world’s fifth largest* insurance group, serving 53 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific
- Aviva's main business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £45.1 billion and funds under management of £379 billion at 31 December 2009
- We are the largest insurance services provider in the UK and one of the leading providers of life and pensions products in Europe
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
*based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2008