Article date: 12 March 2001
Norwich Union has launched an integrated marketing campaign topromote its position as the UK's largest household insurer.
Ben Welsh, Norwich Union's director of communications andmarketing services commented, "Spring is traditionally the start ofthe house-moving season so now is an ideal time to raise awarenessof the benefits of household insurance.
"The campaign has kicked off with "Botchwatch" - designed tohelp householders avoid falling victim to rogue repairers. Thiswill be followed by consumer campaigns giving advice on housemoving, DIY and promoting optional insurance, such as gardencover..
"Norwich Union is the leading household insurer, and one aspectof leading is helping intermediaries develop their business in thismarket."
Ben continued, "The campaigns will be supported by guidesoffering homeowners practical help and advice, which intermediariescan use as a customer relationship tool."
In addition to the PR campaigns, Norwich Union will also beproducing promotional leaflets for consumers and brokers onoptional household covers. Brokers will be able to obtain copies ofall leaflets through the usual channels.
Lucy Haughey, Norwich Union press office
on 08703 666864
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer, covering one onfive households in the UK.
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
NORWICH UNION SPRINGS INTO HOUSEHOLD INITIATIVE
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- CGNU's news releases are available on the internet atwww.cgnu-group.com