Article date: 27 February 2001
Norwich Union Healthcare has introduced an employee-only cashplan option for group schemes.
The new product enables companies to reduce costs by offeringcash plans to staff as individuals, rather than covering theirfamilies as well.
The employee-only premiums, ranging from £5 to £25 per monthdepending on the level of cover required, are half the price offamily cash plan cover.
- Between £200 and £1000 per year for physiotherapy, osteopathy,chiropractic, homeopathy and acupuncture treatment byspecialists
- Up to £225 per year for allergy testing (for premium levels of£10 and above only)
- Up to four GP Helpline consultations per year (telephoneconsultations on Norwich Union Healthcare's unique helplineservice giving 24-hour access to advice from family doctors)
Carolyn Derrington, head of business development for NorwichUnion Healthcare, said:
"Cash plans are a valuable addition to employee benefitpackages. This new product, which complements our existing range,extends the options for companies wanting to offer cash plans at alower cost."
Companies wanting to know more about the NUHC Employee Only Planshould call Howard Holt on 02380 354149.
- a full benefit table for the Employee OnlyPlan is available in PDF format; full details of cover andexlusions are given in the policy wording, a sample copy of whichis available on request
- Media contact - Louise Zucchi, Norwich Union Press Office,08703 666860
Notes to Editors:
Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products to around 600,000 customers.It is one of the largest providers of income protection and privatemedical insurance in the UK.
CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurer basedon gross worldwide premiums.
CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings, fundmanagement and general insurance, with worldwide premium income andretail investment sales from ongoing business of over £27 billionand assets under management of more than £210 billion.
From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.