Article date: 20 August 2010
Aviva has won a competitive tender process for the distribution of household insurance products to Santander. This would renew Aviva's existing contract for the distribution of household insurance products to Santander’s 25 million customers through its network of 1300 branches in the UK. The new deal would run for three years from the beginning of 2011 and builds on Aviva’s long standing relationship with Santander and previously Abbey.
Santander is one of Aviva’s largest bank partners in the UK and this planned renewal of the household insurance contract follows the announcement at the beginning of August 2010 that Aviva has won a new, five year, distribution agreement with Santander to provide life insurance protection products.
David McMillan, chief executive of UK general insurance, said: “This win underlines Aviva’s position as the leading general insurer in the UK and the quality of our offer to banking partners. We have a successful relationship with Santander which from next year will span both general and life insurance products, highlighting the strength and breadth of Aviva’s product portfolio. Our unique perspective across life and general insurance will allow us to develop a range of products tailored to Santander's customers' needs."
For further information, please contact:
Aviva Press Office 01603 685177: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Press Office: 01603 684225: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is the world’s sixth largest* insurance group, serving 53 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific
- Aviva's main business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £45.1 billion and funds under management of £379 billion at 31 December 2009
- We are the largest insurance services provider in the UK and one of the leading providers of life and pensions products in Europe
- Aviva’s life and pensions business in the UK has a total market share of 9.8%** and a leading position in its key markets of savings, protection and annuities
- Aviva UK Health is one of the largest providers of income protection, group risk and private medical insurance in the UK covering over 2.8m customers. We also provide occupational health solutions and services to a wide range of industry sectors.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
* based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2009
**Source: ABI data released May 2010