Article date: 4 May 2001
Norwich Union Healthcare has announced two Board appointments,completing its new executive line-up.
The new director of finance is Mark Hews, who was previouslyNUHC's head of actuarial services.
Rob Horrocks, who was formerly business control and qualitymanager, has been appointed director of customerservices.Mark Hews was an actuarialconsultant with Bacon and Woodrow for six years before joiningNorwich Union Healthcare in 1996. His work at NUHC covered allactuarial aspects of both the income protection and private medicalinsurance portfolios.
He graduated from Bristol University in 1990 and is a Fellow ofthe Institute of Actuaries.
Outside work Mark, 32, enjoys piano, concerts and the theatre.He and his wife Jayne live in Winchester.RobHorrocks moved to NUHC from Ernst and Young, where he workedin the auditing division and then business risk consulting, in1998.
After initially working on the company's risk managementprocesses he undertook a six-month secondment to the customerservice team, before managing the integration of the incomeprotection businesses following the CGNU merger.
Rob, 38, studied maths and economics at York University,graduating in 1983. He lives on the south coast, and relaxes bywindsurfing and riding his Triumph motorbike. His wife Cass alsoworks within the financial services industry.
Media contact/photographs - Louise Zucchi, Norwich Union PressOffice, 08703 666860
Notes to Editors:
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products to around 600,000customers. It is one of the largest providers of income protectionand private medical insurance in the UK.
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite.