Article date: 8 May 2001
Norwich Union, the UK's largest life insurer, this week launcheda £7million national advertising campaign to promote its new rangeof stakeholder pension plans.
The campaign uses real working people, rather than actors,depicting a range of occupations from waiters and chefs, toopticians and locksmiths. This is the first time Norwich Union hasever launched and promoted a product range using TV, outdoor postersites and press.
This investment in advertising reflects the company's commitmentto becoming a market leader in stakeholder pensions and to raisingawareness of these new-style pensions amongst both consumers andemployers.
The theme for the TV and outdoor campaigns shows workers invarious jobs, both white and blue collar, with the copy andvoice-overs calling on them to 'take action'. For example:
- Locksmiths…get some security
- Chefs…prepare yourself
- Researchers….do some research
- Actors…..act now
- Builders….build something
- Waiters……don't wait
Press adverts focusing on the need for employers to designate apension scheme before the government deadline of 8 October 2001,will run alongside the TV campaign.
Sally Shire, Norwich Union's director of brand andcommunications, said: "Norwich Union is using real working peoplein this campaign to try and embed the message that 'stakeholder isaimed at you'. The characters featured in the adverts represent adiverse mix in terms of age and occupation and represent the marketthat should be looking at their pension provisions now, to ensuretheir financial security in the future. Through this campaign weare trying to encourage people to 'act now' rather than later."
- Ends -
James Evans 01904 452791 out of hours 07790 487105 / 01484717014
Photographs are available from the press office on request viae-mail or ISDN
Notes to editors
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
Norwich Union's news releases are available on the internet atwww.cgnu-group.com