Article date: 10 May 2001
Norwich Union Healthcare has introduced an enhanced benefitspackage for its Global Care company and individual internationalPMI policies.
For Global Care, the improvements are:
- Introduction of compassionate travel benefit (travel to attendthe funeral on the death of a close relative)
- Introduction of one follow-up outpatient consultation and 10sessions of outpatient physiotherapy following eligible inpatienttreatment on specialist referral
For Global Care Plus, the enhancements are:
- Introduction of compassionate travel benefit
- Increased routine dental cover (up to £500)
- Introduction of voluntary excess options giving premiumdiscounts
(£100 excess = 10% discount; £250 = 20%)
In addition the Emergency Dental Treatment benefit on bothpolicies has been improved - the 48-hour time limit for treatmenthas been removed and the benefit has been extended to includereconstructive treatment as well as pain relief.
Carolyn Derrington, head of business development, said: "It'simportant to ensure that our policies meet people's changing needsand these changes will give Global Care customers a betterdeal."
Media contact - Louise Zucchi, 08703 666860
Notes to editors
• CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 tocreate CGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of thetop-five insurers in Europe with substantial positions in othermarkets around the world, making it the world's sixth largestinsurer based on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite.