Article date: 21 May 2001
Norwich Union Healthcare has introduced an increased hospitallist option on its individual Fair + Square private medicalinsurance policy, making it more widely available to customersthroughout the UK.
The existing Fair + Square product - which offers a choicebetween private treatment or NHS with money back - provides accessto 119 private hospitals where customers can have treatment.
The new expanded hospital list option - Fair + Square HospitalPlus - enables access to almost all private hospitals in the UK -an increased choice of nearly 200 hospitals.
The Hospital Plus option now means that Fair + Square is morewidely available to those whose local hospital wasn't previouslyincluded.
The original Fair + Square network product with the reducedhospital list, which is cheaper than Fair + Square Hospital Plus toreflect this, will still be available.
Carolyn Derrington, head of business development, said: "Fair +Square is very successful with the existing hospital network but wehave many more enquirers looking for the choice in healthcaretreatment that Fair + Square offers.
We are therefore extending the choice to a much widerprospective customer audience."
Fair + Square and Fair + Square Hospital Plus offer affordablepremiums plus a choice between private or NHS care for peopleneeding hospital treatment.
Customers who decide to use the NHS rather than going to aprivate hospital, receive a cash sum - £500 for the first night inhospital and £250 for subsequent nights, and £250 per day for daypatient treatment (to a maximum of £10,000 per person peryear).
Intermediary contact number for Fair and Square: 0845 3000649
- Media contact: Louise Zucchi, Norwich Union Press Office,08703 666860
Notes to Editors:
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products to around 650,000customers. It is one of the largest providers of income protectionand private medical insurance in the UK.
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on the internet atwww.cgnu-group.com