Article date: 23 May 2001
Teresa Budworth has been appointed training and consultancymanager for Norwich Union Risk Services, a leading provider oftraining and consultancy services in health, safety andenvironmental management.
Teresa has worked for Norwich Union Risk Services for 10 yearsand has been involved in establishing their programme of NationalExamination Board in Occupational Safety and Health Diploma andCertificate (NEBOSH) courses.
In her new role, Teresa will be responsible for developing andpromoting Norwich Union Risk Service's international reputation forquality and expertise to its growing customer base.
Commenting on her appointment, Teresa said:
"As a result of last year's merger we have introduced a numberof improvements at Norwich Union Risk Services. The team ofconsultants has expanded, enhancing our capability to offer health,safety, environmental and business continuity training andconsultancy. It's an exciting time and I'm looking forward toworking with the new team to exceed customer's expectations."
Media contact: Lucy Haughey or Liz Nicholson at Norwich Unionon
08703 66 68 64
Notes to editors:
- Photograph of Teresa Budworth available by ISDN or e-mail.Please contact Sally Leeman on 08703 66 68 65.
- Norwich Union Risk Services provides comprehensive consultancyand training on health, safety, environmental issues andminimising risk. It specialises in professional training forsafety and environmental practitioners.
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210 billion(correct as at February 2001).
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite.