Article date: 30 May 2001
Norwich Union, the UK's largest life insurer, has launched amajor advertising campaign to encourage workers - such as actors -to take charge of providing for their own futures with newgovernment style pensions.
The TV, poster and press campaign has been launched to conveythe message that actors and other workers can save for their ownfutures. The adverts show an actor - together with other workers -with the copy and voice-overs saying, "Actors actnow…………."
Stakeholder pensions were introduced on 6 April 2001, designedto provide simple, flexible and affordable pension solutions to avariety of people, including those who currently have no retirementprovision. The pensions are highly flexible with a maximum chargeof one percent p.a. and a minimum contribution of only £20.
All businesses with five or more employees will have to make astakeholder pension scheme available to their staff, unless theyalready have a suitable pension scheme in place. Employers mustmake available a stakeholder pension scheme for their employeesbefore the government deadline of 8 October this year.
Iain Buckle, Norwich Union's head of individual pensions,commented, "Norwich Union is using the advertising to promote themessage that 'stakeholder is aimed at you'. The characters featuredin the adverts represent the market that should be looking at theirpension provisions now to ensure their financial security in thefuture".
- This is one of four similar releases sent to trade magazines,the others featuring publicans, builders and caterers.
Photographs of the actor featured in the campaign areavailable on request - please contact the Press Office
Notes to editors:
- The value of a pension investment can go down as well as upand is not guaranteed. Full written details are available onrequest.
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite.
Press office contacts:
|Out of hours|
|James Evans||08703 66 68 78||07790 487105|
|Louise Goffee||08703 66 68 70||07810 057362|