Article date: 11 June 2001
A delegate on a health and safety course run by Norwich UnionRisk Services has scooped a top award.
Ms Dee Arp, deputy head of health & safety with LothianUniversity Hospitals NHS Trust, was awarded the prestigious prizeof best student in 2000 for the National Diploma Part Two by theNational Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health(NEBOSH).
She was presented with a commemorative goblet and cheque at theSafety and Health Exhibition held earlier this month at theNational Exhibition Centre in Birmingham.
Teresa Budworth, training and consultancy manager for NorwichUnion Risk Services, commented; "Our 2000 exam results for both theNEBOSH Certificate and Diploma were excellent, but we areespecially proud of Dee. The award reflects the hard work which shehas put in to her studies."
She continued; " I am also tremendously proud of our tutorialteam. This is the second award won by one of our students in twoyears, and reflects the team's commitment to providing excellencein health, safety and environmental training."
Dee said she had been encouraged by the support she had receivedthroughout the course and that the course material was excellent,both in terms of delivery and also as a valuable revisionsource.
She added; "I found it of particular benefit to have input fromtwo providers, especially the combination of expertise provided bythe two key players Norwich Union Risk Services and the RoyalSociety for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)."
Media contact: Liz Nicholson, Norwich Union pressoffice
on 08703 66 68 63.
Notes to Editors:
- Photograph of Ms Dee Arp available by ISDN or e-mail. Pleasecontact Sally Leeman on 08703 66 68 65.
- Norwich Union Risk Services provides comprehensive consultancyand training on health, safety, environmental issues andminimising risk. It specialises in professional training forsafety and environmental practitioners.
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210 billion(correct as at February 2001).
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite.