Article date: 25 June 2001
Norwich Union is extending the range of investment fundsavailable on its Portfolio Bond, Bond 2000 and FlexiBond to includesix new Socially Responsible Investment funds ( SRI's).
The new SRI funds only invest in companies that actively addressglobal concerns and, through sustainable development, aim toprovide good investment performance. Three of the funds havealready been awarded A or AA ratings from Standard & Poor's.The Norwich Union funds focus on companies which provide solutionsfor today and tomorrows social and environmental issues.Increasingly it is being recognised that forward looking,responsible companies are most likely to produce the attractivereturns.
The Portfolio Bond, Bond 2000 and FlexiBond now offer access toan even more comprehensive range of investment funds:
- With Profit fund
- With Profit income fund
- Guaranteed fund
- 3 Managed funds
- 6 SRI funds
- Specialist investment linked funds
Commenting on the new funds choice, Julie Chong head ofinvestment propositions at Norwich Union, said: "The addition ofthe six socially responsible investment funds to these bonds givesclients an even wider choice of investment opportunities.
"Commitment to sustainable development is increasingly beingrecognised as a precursor to long term growth and enhancedinvestment returns. Investors can now access a rigorouslyresearched universe of stocks, selected from some of the mostrapidly growing industries, without fear of jeopardising futuregenerations.
"We have an investment team which has over a decade ofexperience in running socially responsible funds and a proven trackrecord in delivering superior returns."
The SRI team is acknowledged as one of the market leaders with atrack record in linking environmental, social and financial companyperformance."
Notes to editors:
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite.
- The value of an investment can go down as well as up and isnot guaranteed. Full written details are available onrequest.
Press office contacts:
|Out of hours|
|James Evans||08703 66 68 78||07790 487105|
|Louise Goffee||08703 66 68 70||07747 764342|