Article date: 6 July 2001
'Open for Business' was the theme of Norwich Union's first openday for commercial brokers.
Demonstrating its commitment to brokers and the commercialmarket, Norwich Union, the UK's largest general insurer, held theopen day to introduce brokers to Norwich Union staff, the fullrange of services and products and to build relationships.
Nick Barrett, Norwich Union's account manager in Ipswich forIntermediary Business explained: "We decided to bring togetherstaff from all areas of Norwich Union to introduce them to localbrokers, share information on the market and develop existingrelationships. It proved to be a highly successful day, with morethan 30 brokers attending."
Feedback from brokers on the day was very positive, particularly onmeeting staff from around the company and seeing the full remit ofbusiness areas.
John Horsley from Cook Sheppard Pinhey said: "I found the openday useful and a good investment of time. In particular it was veryhelpful to meet one of the senior managers at Norwich Union andgain a valuable insight and reassurance of future strategy."
Representatives from all areas of Norwich Union - Intermediarybusiness, Cambridge operations, rule-based commercial, GISC, totalincident management, EDI, risk services and commercial fleet -attended the event, which was held in Ipswich.
Following on from the success of the open day, Norwich Union islooking at other regional areas to host similar events.
Media contact: Alison Owen at Staniforth Communications on 0161274 0100/ e-mail email@example.com Liz Nicholson/Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union's press office on08703 666868.
Notes to editors:
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £210 billion(correct as at February 2001)
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council