Article date: 14 August 2001
Norwich Union – the UK’s largest insurer - isdelighted to have been selected as a financial services provider byMortgage Force, a UK national and independent mortgage franchiseoperation.
This is an exclusive arrangement with Mortgage Force throughwhich Mortgage Force franchisees will use Norwich Union’snon- regulated life products.
Mortgage Force launched in the UK in February and provides amortgage broking platform for mortgage practitioners includingtechnology solutions, mortgage code compliance, professionaltraining and mortgage placing facilities.
Crawford Murray, senior national business development manager,said: “We are very pleased to have been selected as thefinancial services provider. The strategic aim of Mortgage Force isto become a very significant player in the UK mortgage market with400 franchisees over the next three to four years and Norwich Unionis delighted to be a part of this.”
Robert Clifford, managing director of Mortgage Force, said:“We carried out an extensive analysis of the leading productproviders before appointing Norwich Union, and our existing 30franchised outlets are already seeing real benefits from thepartnership with Norwich Union. We have surrounded ourselves withpartner organisations who are ‘best of breed’ and havegreat plans for our multi-level relationship with NorwichUnion.”
Notes to editors
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK’s largest insurance group and one of thetop-five insurers in Europe with substantial positions in othermarkets around the world, making it the world’s sixthlargest insurer based on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU’s principal business activities are long-termsavings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwidepremium income and retail investment sales from ongoing businessof over £27 billion and assets under management of more than £200billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on theinternet on this site
- A selection of images are available from the CGNU Newscastsite at www.newscast.co.uk
Press office contacts:
Out of hours
James Evans 08703 66 68 78 07790 487105
Louise Goffee 08703 66 68 70 07747 764342