Article date: 23 August 2001
Norwich Union Life - the UK’s largest life insurer - willlaunch on Monday 27 August a £3m second wave advertising campaignto promote the newly launched government style stakeholderpensions. This follows on the back of Norwich Union’s highprofile £7 million TV launch campaign in May.
This campaign further demonstrates Norwich Union’s backingfor stakeholder pensions and commitment to becoming a leadingprovider in this new market. The adverts will again use real peoplerather than actors, depicting a range of occupations, from waitersand chefs to publicans and locksmiths.
The adverts will feature on the sides of more than 3,000 doubledecker buses (1 in 4 of all the UK’s double deckers!) andmore than 17,200 outdoor poster sites over a four-week period.
National press adverts, focusing on the need for employers toset up a stakeholder pension scheme before the government deadlineof 8 October 2001, will run alongside the outdoor campaign.
Sally Shire, director of brand and communications, commented:“Our £10 million investment in advertising totally underlinesour commitment to stakeholder pensions. This second phase campaignwill help to increase the awareness and importance of stakeholderfor both workers and employers in the run up to the 8 Octobergovernment deadline.”
Notes to Editors
- Advertisement photographs are available on request viaISDN
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK’s largest insurance group and one of thetop-five insurers in Europe with substantial positions in othermarkets around the world, making it the world’s sixthlargest insurer based on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU’s principal business activities are long-termsavings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwidepremium income and retail investment sales from ongoing businessof over £27 billion and assets under management of more than £200billion.
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- CGNU’s news releases are available on this site.
- A selection of images are available from the CGNU Newscastsite at www.newscast.co.uk.
Press office contacts:
James Evans 08703 666878
Out of hours 07790 487105
Louise Goffee 08703 666870
Out of hours 07810 057362