At Aviva, we're here to help protect what matters most to you. And what could matter more than your family?
One of the most challenging times for families can be when you’re trying for a baby. Our Medical Director Dr Doug has been looking at the growing interest in fertility treatment in the UK, and currently about one in seven couples have difficulty getting pregnant. So if you’re having problems conceiving, you’re certainly not alone.
That’s why we’ve teamed up with CREATE Fertility, an organisation that provides cutting edge fertility services including investigations, egg freezing and IVF, so that you can access a fertility check for less.
So, what do you need to know about fertility?
More and more people are using fertility services in the UK, but that doesn’t mean that infertility is becoming more common. One reason for the increase is the trend for women to delay childbearing while pursuing a career. However, because a woman’s fertility declines sharply after the age of 35, they may find it harder to conceive as they approach their late 30s/early 40s.
Could you benefit from fertility checks?
Fertility tests for both men and women can be completed in a one-stop appointment, and can provide detailed information about fertility status as well as advice on lifestyle and how to optimise your fertility. These appointments are often known as a ‘Fertility MOT’.
What to expect from a one-stop fertility check for women:
• Advanced ultrasound assesses fertility status
• Antral Follicle Count (AFC) measures the ovary to assess egg reserve
• The womb is assessed to find out if there are any abnormalities that might affect implantation
• Doppler scanning assesses blood flow to the ovaries and individual follicles
• Advanced 3D imaging detects physical abnormalities that may prevent pregnancy
What to expect from a one-stop fertility check for men:
• Semen analysis provides information on the quantity of sperm in the sample
• Sperm motility and morphology are also measured